My Picky eater son loves buffalo chicken. He likes anything spicy or sour. so , I had to try this new recipe. He ate it OK, which is huge. His friend, he had over, absolutely loved it. so there you go. I’m adding it to our family menu rotation. Next time I may try not quite so much wing sauce. I was surprised it was so hot.
I did double the recipe (in the photo). With my son and his friend teenage years, my husband & I for dinner. I wanted to make sure I had enough. It was more that enough. luckily for me I had lunch for the next couple of days 🙂
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pizza dough
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup franks wing sauce
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
- Cut chicken into cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Heat teaspoon of olive oil in skillet and add chicken when hot. Cook chicken completely and then add 1/4 cup of wing sauce. Stir to coat chicken and let simmer for a minute or two. Take chicken off heat and let cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- On a well floured surface, spread pizza dough into a long rectangle shape. Add ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing (depending on your preference!) and remaining 1/4 cup of wing sauce. Spread across the dough. Add chicken and then top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. You can also add a bit more of the wing sauce on top of the cheese if you want it to be a little bit spicier.
- Starting on one of the short ends, roll it up until you reach the other end. Make sure to tuck the ends of the dough in so the middle doesn’t ‘ooze’ out when baking.
- Spray baking sheet with light coat of non-stick cooking spray. Place garbage bread on the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let sit for five minutes and cut into and enjoy!