Cant decide what pie to make, or have for Thanksgiving? This is so fun & everyone can have a slice of everything. Just slice them as thin as you can move them to a plate. They are very filling…
That’s a cherry, pumpkin and apple pie in three different cakes. The cherry pie goes in the chocolate cake. The pumpkin pie goes in the spice cake and the apple pie goes into the yellow cake. or mix it up how you want. That’s just the way they seem to go good together to me.
This is also a desert to commit to only once as it is a lot of work
Note: For the sake of simplicity, I bought and baked frozen pies and used cake mixes. For those willing, the cherpumple can also be made from scratch. Just be prepared for it to take some time.
- • 1 pound 2.5 ounce box of spice cake mix
- • 1 pound, 2.5 ounce box of white cake mix
- • 1 pound, 2.5 ounce box of yellow cake mix
- • eggs, water and oil according to package directions
- • 27 ounce apple pie (frozen, homemade or bakery)
- • 27 ounce pumpkin pie
- • 27 ounce cherry pie
- • 2 to 3 16.2 ounce cans of cream cheese frosting
- Bake pies according to package directions. Let cool completely, preferably overnight.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Line three 9-inch cake pans with wax or parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1 1/3 cup of the spice cake batter into the lined pan. Press the pumpkin pie into the batter. Cover the pie with more cake batter.
- Repeat with white cake and cherry pie, and yellow cake and apple pie.
- Bake according to package directions. Each pie-cake may need an additional five to 10 minutes for the cake to set on top.
- Let each pie-cake layer cool completely.
- Stack the pie-cakes, heaviest on the bottom, adding a generous layer of frosting between each pie-cake. Add remaining frosting to top layer, pushing excess down to frost the sides.
you will need to make sure the pies will fit into the cake pan. If it’s to tall, you may be able to gently push the pie down so that it will be covered with the cake batter.