Yes, I am obsessed with pumpkin in my food. I really love it & it’s healthy…
This one is a great snack for after school or any time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Recipe Type: Appitizer
- 1 can pumpkin (15oz)
- 1 container cream cheese-style spread (I used Tofutti non-hydrogenated. For substitutions, see the nutrition info link below. Or for a soy-free alternative, try 1 cup of cashew cream: raw cashews that have been soaked, drained, then pureed into raw cashew butter.)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (more if desired)
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sweetener of choice to taste (Amount will depend on whether you’re making this as a dip or a spread. Use up to 1/3 cup for a dip, but you might not even need a tablespoon of sugar or a packet of stevia for a spread. Note that liquid sweeteners will yield a much thinner dip, so either powdered sugar or stevia are recommended.)
- Combine all ingredients and mix very well. (A food processor is best, but this can be done by hand with a lot of stirring). Serve as a dip, with graham crackers or gingersnaps or fresh fruit. Or use as a festive cream-cheese spread on bagels, toast or pancakes. This will keep in the refrigerator 4-5 days.
Serving size: 15g Calories: 11 Fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 1.6g Sodium: 11mg Protein: 0.2g Cholesterol: 0mg